We've landed!
Safe and sound in Hong Kong after a 'not too bad' 11hr flight, where the highlight was definitely looking out over the snowy mountains of Tibet ... amazing. Landing so close to water was crazy, but Natalie coped remarkably well with it.
We were out of the airport pretty quickly and then onto a local bus to Kowloon for the cheapo introduction to Hong Kong ... loads of islands, bridges, mountains, clear blue waters, hundreds of tower blocks, an irish pub, millions of tiny shops of 'things', neon, amusing street signs and even some chinese people ... So, exhausted with this already, Nat is currently conked out in bed for a power nap. We're in an executive suite in the HK YMCA with glorious harbour views - as they gave us a free upgrade for some reason I dunno, but I certainly can't complain :) (although I havent yet found a mini bar in here)
We'll be out later for a local food experience (or be a bit lame and go for western food but then lie and say we tried monkey brains with snake eyes and rocket, or something), drinks and a 'symphony of lights' (a nightly fireworks and light show across the rooftops and harbour) at 8... taking it easy for our first night while our bodies and heads adjust. Tomorrow is pretty likely to be a shopping day ... I doubt anything could stop Nat. Luggage restrictions be damned!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home