Ohauiti, Tauranga:
Well, we made it here, after another exhausting flight, but it was so worth it. Had a lovely welcoming committee at the airport, and within about 10 minutes had an ice cold beer in our hands. What a way to start our holiday!
We're staying with Dave's Mum Linda, and her partner Brian, who have both made us feel very welcome and at home, and have been very kindly running us around everywhere to show us the area, sort out driving lessons/licenses, bank accounts, and of course all the essentials like buying shoes (I knew I wouldn't last long without buying something!!) and getting my hair cut for Dave's cousin's wedding on saturday.
The area is lovely, with great beaches and some amazing views. Unfortunately no photos as yet, because our batteries on our cameras ran out but we'll rectify that and post some on the flickr site soon (I shall also have to take a photo of my lovely new bargainous shoes, as I'm still very excited about those!).
Sorry for the short post - am still tired and full of a cold that I managed to pick up somewhere along the way. As an aside, this began in Hong Kong and seemed to be a brilliant way to clear a space around myself - one sneeze and people start edging away fairly sharpish (I know it shouldn't be funny but...)
Take care all

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home